Adapted from Taste of Home 100 Family Meals (Printable recipe)November 22, 2019
Low Carb Garlic Dough BallsNovember 23, 2019
Classic coconut deliciousness surrounded in moist and creamy, melt-in-your-mouth vanilla custard. And that, my friends, is coconut goodness that just can’t be beat.
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. coconut
- pie crust for a one-crust pie
- Fit pie crust into an 8-inch pie dish. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, self-rising flour, and eggs; whisk until well combined. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, and coconut. Pour mixture into prepared pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 30 – 35 minutes until pie is set and golden brown on top.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill. Serve plain or with a small dollop of whipped cream.