Cranberry Florida Orange Snack MixJanuary 2, 2020
Lemon Sorbet Baby Amazeballs – Ultimate baby snackJanuary 5, 2020
The toasty nuttiness of sesame oil and sesame seeds update this classic side dish. Packaged French beans mean the prep is all done for you.
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs Pero Family Farms French Beans
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Add the French beans and cook 2–3 min., until tender-crisp. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool. Drain well and set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, combine the oil and shallots. Season with salt. Cook on medium 3 min., until shallots are translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the butter and cook 3–4 min., until butter is light golden brown and fragrant, stirring often.
- To skillet, add the almonds and cook 2–3 min., until golden brown, stirring often. Stir in the lemon juice and French beans. Cook 2 min., until beans are well coated and heated through, tossing frequently. Season with salt. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with the sesame seeds.