Yogurt Bark – Low CarbJanuary 26, 2019
Fried goat cheese salad! So yummy and easy to make.
#…January 26, 2019
Craving a cheeseburger but trying to avoid your local fast food joint? This Keto Friendly Low Carb Cabbage Cheeseburger Casserole is a lightened up version that doesn’t skimp on the pickles.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef extra lean if not keto
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head green cabbage finely shredded
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 158 ml can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 3 cups aged white cheddar cheese grated
- 4 low sodium pickles diced
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven ot 375 F.
- To a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and beef. Cook until browned, then add in the onion, garlic and bell peppers. Saute for another 5-6 minutes, then add in the cabbage, tomatoes, tomato paste, and mustard. Toss until coated and allow the cabbage to slightly wilt, about 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a 13×9 ” baking dish with cornstarch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mixture to the baking dish, leaving the liquid behind. Fill the pan half way up, then add half of the cheese and pickles, then finish with the remaining cabbage mixture, cheese and pickles.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the cheese melts and browns and the mixture is heated through.