Red White and Blueberry Snack with Stuffed RaspberriesApril 20, 2019
Low Carb Keto Tortilla ChipsApril 22, 2019
Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks is an easy recipe that makes a tasty bite sized snack perfect for popping while watching the big game!
- 1 package Puff Pastry (2 sheets)
- 6 Fingerling Idaho® potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Homemade Bacon Jam Recipe
- 4 ounces Smoked Gruyere cheese, grated
- fresh Thyme leaves
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove puff pastry from the freezer and allow to thaw while boiling the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan with a 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and add just enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to mid-high and simmer until potatoes are almost tender. About 5 minutes. Drain and allow potatoes to cool.
- Cut both sheets of puff pastry into 4 even strips horizontally and vertically. This will yield 16 squares of puff pastry per sheet for a total of 32 squares.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Score the edges of each square (about an 1/8 of an inch from the edge) and use a fork to prick the insides of each square where the filling goes. Place on parchment lined pastry sheet and freeze for about 10 minutes.
- While the pastry is in the freezer, cut the potatoes into thin rounds about 1/8″ thick.
- Once the pastry squares are chilled, remove them from the freezer and assemble the appetizer by placing about 1 teaspoon of Bacon Jam inside each square. Top with 1-2 potato rounds and about a teaspoon of Gruyere cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes until the pastry is golden and the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Serve and enjoy!