Slow Cooker Red Lentil Soup (Dal)February 5, 2019
Homemade Gluten-Free Pizza Lunchables (Vegan, Allergy-Free, Grain-Free)February 5, 2019
My Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bites are perfect for when you just need a little treat at the end of the day. Creamy yogurt mixed with fresh strawberries, swirled with chocolate and frozen atop a “crust” of granola, they’re a treat you’ll want in your freezer all summer long! (makes 4 “bites”)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat or 2%)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup diced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup gluten free granola*
- Use a silicone cube tray (mine was 1.5” cubes). Drop 1 Tbs of granola into the bottom of 4 of the squares. Make sure it is in an even layer in the bottom.
- Melt your chocolate chips. I microwaved mine in 30sec intervals until melted and smooth. Swirl a tiny bit of chocolate on top of the granola layer (I did this to add a binding layer of chocolate before the yogurt. I used maybe ½ tsp of chocolate per square.)
- Next, in a bowl, stir together the yogurt and strawberries. Add almost all of the rest of the chocolate, reserving a couple teaspoons to use on top. Give the yogurt one or two quick stirs, so the chocolate swirls in but isn’t fully combined. Divide the yogurt among the 4 cubes on top of the granola layer, pressing it down as you fill so everything is compacting.
- Finally, swirl on the last of the chocolate on top of the squares.
- Freeze for a few hours, until firm. I froze mine for 4 hours before removing them.
- Pop the cubes out of the mold and enjoy! You can keep extras in an air-tight freezer bag in the freezer.