3rd course!…May 20, 2019
Happy Mother’s Day to my fabulous, best, beautiful mama @ltstempel. Thank you fo…May 20, 2019
This copycat St.Louis style pizza is made with a no yeast, no rest crust, a raw tomato sauce and that famous tangy provel cheese for an irresistible pizza pie!!
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 10 ounces crushed tomato
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil + more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed oregano + more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 1/2 cups provel cheese, shredded (about 3/4 pound)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 550 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together, tomato puree, tomato paste, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, basil, garlic powder and oregano. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, remaining salt and baking powder.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk water, oil and corn syrup. Mix into flour mixture until combined. Gently knead to bring together.
- Split the dough in two equal pieces and roll each piece out to make a 12 inch pie.
- Transfer to a pizza wheel covered in cornmeal. Spread half the sauce on each pizza and cover with desired toppings. Sprinkle with a little basil, oregano and kosher salt to taste.
- Bake on pizza stone for 8-10 minutes until crust is crisp and cheese is melted, bubbly and golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes before slicing.