Vegetarian Chorizo Sausage Stuffed Acorn SquashDecember 27, 2019
Roasted Chickpeas with Chipotle and Lime (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)December 28, 2019
Yield: about 4 servings | Serving Size: about 1/2 cup | Calories: 67 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 4 g | Protein: 2 g | Cholesterol: 0 g | Sodium: 242 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to low broil or 425 degrees for ovens without a broil setting. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to coat the beans in the oil and seasonings. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. It is very important that the beans are spread out on the baking sheet. If needed, use two sheets.
- Broil the beans for about 10 minutes, or until crispy but not burnt, gently turning over about half way though. Remember, the beans will crisp up a little as the cool. Let cool before serving, serve on their own or with a spicy dipping sauce.