Easy Eggplant Penne | Easy DinnerJanuary 1, 2020
Cranberry Florida Orange Snack MixJanuary 2, 2020
A delicious Chinese noodle dish that is similar to Chow Mein, this is a nice quick easy dish that can be used as a side dish or a main dish.
- 1 Package Fresh Chow Mein Noodles (see picture)
- 1 Package Fresh Pancit Noodles (see picture)
- 1 cup Marinated Ground Pork (Url to recipe in the Notes)
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 4 cups Nappa Cabbage (sliced)
- 3 cups Baby Bok Choy (sliced)
- 1 cup Green Onions (sliced)
- 1 cup Carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (light)
- 1/3 cup Lo Mein Sauce (Panda Brand)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 lb Pork (diced or thick ground)
- 1/2 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 1/8 cup Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 cup Sesame Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Dry Cilantro (or 1 Tbl Cilantro Paste)
- In large colander, mix both sets of noodles and rinse in extra hot water for about 1-2 minutes. Noodles should be mixed together.
- Heat large pan and add 1 tsp oil and put onto highest setting that is safe for the pan you are using. Add marinated pork and cook for about 1-2 minutes or until pork is fully cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan (do not clean first), add 1 tsp oil and vegetables. Cook for about 1 minute and add 1/4 cup soy sauce. Continue cooking for about 2 more minutes or until vegetables are mostly done.
- Add back in pork and combine.
- Continue cooking vegetables with pork and add in rinsed noodles. Add 1 cup of chicken broth and continue cooking while mixing noodles and pork/vegetable mixture together. Add Lo mien sauce and cook continuing for about 3-5 more minutes continuing to move so as not to burn the noodles.
- Remove and serve OR leave in pan without moving for about 1-2 minutes to brown and crisp the noodles.
- Picture of the Chow Mein Noodles
- Picture of the Pancit Noodles
- Picture of the Lo Mein Sauce
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except pork and combine well. Add pork. Cover and refrigerate. Use throughout the week for all your stir fry needs.
- Picture of ground pork from Ranch 99 (used in the Family Style Lo Mein recipe)