Cauliflower Hash – Low Carb & Diabetic FriendlyMarch 3, 2019
Strawberry Shortcake No Bake Treat BarsMarch 3, 2019
Easy homemade dog treats that your pups will go mad for! Aniseed is like catnip to dogs!
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 160g cooked sweet potato)
- 70g creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 375g whole wheat flour (plus extra for dusting surface)
- 1 tbsp whole aniseed, roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prick the sweet potato all over and cook in microwave until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Leave to cool and scoop out flesh, discard skin.
- Beat the sweet potato, peanut butter and eggs on a medium speed (using your stand mixer or handheld mixer) until combined.
- Turn mixer down to low and gradually add the flour until the dough is no longer sticky, you may not need the whole 375g.
- Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead into a ball. Roll out 1/4″ thick and cut out your shapes, place on baking sheet – they won’t spread so you can place them close together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are golden. How long you need to bake them depends on how big they are, so check after 20 minutes.