Crunchy Chickpeas – the perfect healthy snack!February 6, 2019
Halloween Snack Mix Recipe–a Sweet and Salty Treat!February 7, 2019
- 1 large cucumber
- 2-3 large daikon radishes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup diced scallions, green and white parts
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- salt, to taste
- 3 packed cups fresh spinach
- 4 large eggs
- Cooking oil (vegetable, canola, coconut)
- Spiralize the cucumber, medium thickness, then set aside in refrigerator to keep cold. Spiralize the daikon radish, thin thickness (blade d). Place the spiralized daikon in a food processor and pulse until resembles size of rice grains. You should have approximately 3 cups of daikon rice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, gochujang, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Add in the ground pork to the bowl and let marinate on counter while you continue with recipe.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, drizzle in cooking oil and swirl to coat pan. Add in the scallions, ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 15 seconds until fragrant. Add in the daikon “rice” and stir fry for about 5 minutes, until the daikon turns transluscent. Season salt to taste and toss well. Remove “rice” from pan, and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean. Return pan to medium-high heat. When hot, drizzle in just a little cooking oil. Add in the spinach and stir fry, tossing frequently, for 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach to plate and set aside.
- Wipe pan clean. Return same pan to medium heat. When hot, swirl in cooking oil. Crack in the eggs and cook without stirring for 3 minutes or until the egg whites are set on the edges. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the egg whites are cooked through and the yolks still runny. Remove from pan to a plate, and set aside.
- Return same pan to stove, set on high heat. When hot, swirl in cooking oil. Add in the marinated pork, breaking up the pork with your spatula. Cook pork for 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink and pork is cooked through.
- Evenly divide the daikon rice, pork, spinach and cucumber noodles between four bowls. Top each bowl with a fried egg.