Short story – Strengths Versus WeaknessFebruary 1, 2019
Easy Cheesy Bacon Dip Recipe – Low Carb Keto FriendlyFebruary 2, 2019
Cheesy Zucchini with Garlic and Parsley is a delicious and simple zucchini side dish that your family will love.
- 3 small to medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (if zucchini are larger, cut in half or fourths lengthwise, then slice)
- 1 – 2 T olive oil (more oil keeps the garlic from burning and adds flavor, but your choice)
- 2 T minced garlic (garlic from a jar is fine, but use fresh if you prefer)
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped flat parsley
- 3 T coarsely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella
- Cut both ends off the zucchini, then cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (if zucchini are larger, cut in half or fourths lengthwise, then slice.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with a lid. (I used my favorite Green Pan 12 Inch Frying Pan.)
- Add minced garlic and cook about 1 minute, or until you start to smell garlic.
- Add squash and stir to coat with oil and garlic, then cover and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- After 4-5 minutes, check to see if there is a lot of liquid and whether squash is tender. Cook 1-2 more minutes, uncovered until zucchini is tender-crisp and liquid is evaporated.
- Sprinkle squash with salt and chopped parsley and stir to wilt parsley.
- Add Parmesan and cook until it melts, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the squash, cover pan again and turn off the heat. Let sit 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and serve hot.