Top 10 Summer Sweet Treat Recipes | TidyMomFebruary 19, 2019
Sweet Potato and Leftover Turkey Homemade Dog TreatsFebruary 21, 2019
These crispy, crunchy Low Carb Seasoned Jicama Fries are the perfect alternative to the traditional white potato french fry. Curb your craving with this healthier, baked alternative. Just 10g of carbs per serving!
- 1 lb jicama (I buy pre-sliced from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- dash of paprika
- dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel & slice jicama into french fry shapes. I like buying pre-sliced jicama from Trader Joe’s, which lets me bypass most of this step! I still double check to make sure they are the size fries I want.
- Bring jicama slices to boil in a pot on the stove. Allow to boil for 15 minutes. Then remove and pat dry.
- Melt together your butter/oil and seasonings.
- Toss jicama in seasoning mix until evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 40 mins, flipping half way through.
- Remove from oven when done. Let rest 3-4 minutes before serving.
- Note: Baking time may vary by oven. If the fries aren’t crisped to your liking, continue to bake them. Check every 3-4 minutes.