MEAL PREP MONDAY! Always trying to change up the meals, yet keeping them balance…January 28, 2019
Stuffed beets with herbed goat cheese! Soo yummy! #notgivingup #cooking #foodie …January 28, 2019
A low carb, high flavor take on your favorite crispy french fries. The perfect potato alternative, these Garlic Herb Jicama Shoestring Fries make the best side dish for your favorite steak/burger or are delicious all on their own! Whole30, Gluten Free, Grain Free.
- 1.25 lb jicama (I buy presliced from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 tbs coconut oil (avocado oil or butter works too)
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel & slice jicama into shoestring french fry shapes. I like buying pre-sliced jicama from Trader Joe’s, which lets me bypass the peeling, and then cutting them even skinnier.
- Bring jicama slices to boil in a pot on the stove. Allow to boil for 15 minutes. Then remove and pat dry.
- Melt together your butter/oil and herbs.
- Toss jicama in herbmix until evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 40 mins, flipping twice throughout time. (I do one flip 15 minutes in and then another 30 minutes in)7. Remove from oven when done. Let rest 3-4 minutes before serving. Note: Baking time may vary by oven. If the fries aren’t crisped to your liking, continue to bake them. Check every 3-4 minutes.