Parmesan Garlic Roasted Baby PotatoesFebruary 26, 2019
Curious about Pellets?February 27, 2019
Our family’s favorite famous comfort food recipe, remade! Mom’s Best Classic Gluten-Free Vegan Baked Ziti without the dairy, but still under 5 ingredients! This make-ahead “cheesy” pasta dinner casserole is soy-free too, super easy, delicious, and baked in 20 minutes! Great as a freezer meal or having leftovers throughout the week!
- 12 oz Gluten-Free Ziti Noodles
- 3 Cups Vegan Soy-Free Ricotta (I use Kite Hill)
- 1 8 oz Bag of Vegan Mozzarella Shreds (I use Daiya or So Delicious)
- 2 TB Vegan Parmesan*
- 4 Cups Tomato Sauce (Homemade Recipe Below):
- 4 Cups Plain Tomato Sauce
- 1 TB Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- Fresh or Dried Parsley (to garnish, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Boil the ziti noodles al dente according to package direction, drain, and set aside.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a large bowl if using homemade (no need to heat).
- In a 9×13 baking/casserole dish, lightly coat the bottom with a touch of sauce.
- Next, layer in ½ of the cooked ziti, then the ricotta, 4 oz of the mozzarella, and 2 cups of the sauce.
- Then repeat with the remaining ziti, sauce, and finish with the last half of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan and optional dried parsley last.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve or let cool before storing.