Low Carb LCHF Cream Cheese Pound CakeApril 30, 2019
Quick, Easy, PB & J Snack BallsMay 1, 2019
When eggplant is braised with tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper, you have a magical stew, or soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 eggplants, peeled cut into large cubes
- 6 extra large fresh tomatoes or 2 large cans San Marzano Tomatoes (about 6 cups)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, sliced thinly, lengthwise
- 1 onion, chopped
- fresh basil
- Vegetable Peeler (I use this one)
- If using fresh tomatoes, blanch first for one minute in boiling water. Cut one end with an x and peel.
- Chop tomatoes. Set aside. If they are too watery, you may discard some of the liquid. My tomatoes were very meaty, so I used everything.
- If using canned tomatoes, chop roughly. Use all the juice from the can.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- If using a dutch oven on top of the stove, heat olive oil and soften garlic. Add onion and saute for a minute or so just to add flavor to the oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on very low for three hours, until all the eggplant is very soft.
- TO MAKE SOUP (which is an option)
- Put ¾ into a vitamix or use an immersion blender. You can blend all of it if you desire. Serve with fresh herbs and pecorino romano.