Simple and Fluffy Gluten-Free Low-Carb BreadMay 28, 2019
Cold Ginger, Soy and Honey Sesame NoodlesMay 28, 2019
The sauce will go together in less time than it takes the pasta to boil.
- ½# Orecchiette Pasta (or shells)
- 4 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium Shallot, sliced
- ¼ c. White Wine or Chicken or Vegetable Stock (optional)
- 1 c. Frozen Peas, thawed
- ¼ c. Mascarpone Cheese
- about 2 Tbsp. chopped Chives
- Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente, about 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat about 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a wide skillet. Add the mushrooms and shallots and sauté until the shallots soften and the mushrooms are golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Season lightly and add the white wine or stock (or just a little of the pasta water) and scrap up any bits of mushroom that might be stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the peas and cook about 1 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, use a slotted spoon to pull it out of the water. Transfer it directly to the mushroom and pea mixture. Add a little pasta water, as necessary, to allow the pasta to move freely and easily around the pan. Allow to cook together for a minute or so to let the pasta absorb the good mushroomy flavor. Remove from heat. Stir in the Mascarpone and chives. Season with salt, as needed, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.