Frozen Almond Butter Banana BitesMarch 27, 2019
Light One-Pot Philly Cheesesteak CasseroleMarch 28, 2019
- 12 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced (we used 3)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce, like Tabasco
- Peel and dice carrots; dice celery and onion.
- In a large pot over high heat, add chicken stock, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and add chicken breasts. Cover pot and boil on high for 20 minutes, or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the soup and set aside to cool.
- Add egg noodles and stir well. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into bite sized pieces. Stir shredded chicken back into the soup.
- Stir in chopped parsley and hot sauce.