Low Carb Vegan Thai Coconut Noodle BowlFebruary 12, 2019
Mushroom, Spinach, and Brown Rice LoafFebruary 13, 2019
- 1 cup cornmeal (preferably organic and stoneground)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups water
- Bring 3 cups of the water to a boil in a (3 quart or larger) kettle.
- Stir in the salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of water and the cornmeal, till smooth.
- Reduce heat, and slowly add the cornmeal mixture to the hot water, whisking briskly to avoid lumps.
- Increase burner heat and bring back to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stirring several times. The cornmeal mush consistency will resemble that of cooked oatmeal.
- To make the Fried Cornmeal Mush, place the mixture in a loaf pan or shallow baking dish.
- Allow to cool for several hours or overnight.
- Slice approximately 3/8 inch thick.
- Coat bottom of a cast iron skillet with butter, lard, or olive oil, and fry on both sides until golden-brown.