Halloween Snack Mix Recipe–a Sweet and Salty Treat!February 7, 2019
Baked Asparagus with Garlic and ParmesanFebruary 7, 2019
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (about 3-4 cups of whole sprouts) raw brussels sprouts, stems cut off then cut in half
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Heat a small skillet over low heat and add pecans. Toast for 4-5 minutes, gently stirring and shaking the pan even 30-60 seconds so the pecans don’t burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add shallots and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add in brussels spouts (I like to start with mine cut side down), salt and pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes, tossing brussels every so often, until browned. While brussels are cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Whisk fairly continuously until butter begins to get golden in color and brown flecks appear. Remove from heat immediately.
- Remove brussels from heat once finished and toss in pecans. Drizzle brown butter over top, then serve.