Low Carb Italian Sub RollsFebruary 19, 2019
Chocolate Frosted Reese’s Puffs TreatsFebruary 19, 2019
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 298 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 511 mg | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Carbohydrates: 35 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 4 ounces green beans, ends cut off and sliced to 1-1/2 inches long
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces whole grain penne or any short pasta
- 1 cup pesto
- 1/8 cups almonds, slivered or flaked
- 8 big fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Over medium to high heat, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. When it boils, add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt then drop the green beans. Cook for 5 minutes then take them away with a slotted spoon and drop them in a bowl with a lot of ice to blanch them. When they cool down, drain them and set the green beans aside.
- In the same pot of boiling water, cook the pasta. Follow the cooking time to make them al dente. When they are cooked, drain.
- In the serving bowl, mix the hot pasta, green beans, pesto, almonds and basil.
- Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.