My ValentineFebruary 14, 2019
Steamed Vegetables with Chile-Lime ButterFebruary 14, 2019
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 burrito | Calories: 289 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 17 mg | Sodium: 218 mg | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9 |
- 2 cups cooked Mexican Style Quinoa
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (reduced-fat) grated Mexican style cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 (8-inch) whole grain wraps or tortillas
- There are two methods to prepare our Quinoa & Bean Burrito Wrap recipe.
- Method 1: (This is the Flauta method, crunchy and yummy!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the first 4 ingredients to a mixing bowl, toss to combine. Evenly divide mixture along the edge of each tortilla. Roll snugly and cut each burrito in half. Lightly spray each side with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Place seam side down on a parchment lined cookie sheet or non-stick baking sheet. Don’t allow wraps to touch so that they get crispy on all sides.
- Bake approximately 16 to 20 minutes, or until wraps are lightly golden and crispy. Turn over after 10 minutes of cooking time. If desired, serve with either fat-free Greek yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream, and additional salsa. Serve immediately.
- Method 2: (Burrito method)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil, place on a cookie sheet and warm 15 minutes while quinoa & beans are heating up. In the meantime, combine in a skillet the cooked quinoa, black beans, and salsa. Heat over medium-low heat until hot.
- Evenly divide quinoa & bean mixture over the edge of each tortilla. Evenly distribute the cheese over the quinoa mixture. Snugly roll each tortilla then cut in half. If desired, serve with fat-free Greek yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream, and additional salsa.