CarolAnn Tutera Guest Host on 99.9KEZNovember 18, 2019
Mozzarella, Basil, and Tomato Pasta BakeNovember 18, 2019
Miryam’s original recipe
- 4-5 heads of garlic
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 whole wheat pizza dough
- 32 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
- 16-22 oz ricotta cheese
- 20 oz Cascadian Farm frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed
- Pepper flakes, optional
- Heat your oven to 400°F. Use your fingers to peel away all the loose layers around the head of garlic. With a knife, cut off about 1/4 inch from the top of the head to expose the cloves.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the exposed surface of each garlic head. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and roast for 30-40 minutes. The garlic is done when a center clove is completely soft.
- Let the garlic cool slightly. Press the bottom of the entire clove to push it out of its paper. Place it in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Combine the roasted garlic with the ricotta cheese and set aside.
- On a flat surface, like your kitchen counter, place some whole wheat flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin. Place the pizza dough onto the pizza stone making sure you reach the edges. You can also use a pizza baking sheet or a cookie sheet. Repeat this with the second pizza dough.
- Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over each pizza dough followed by the mozzarella cheese and spinach. Bake the pizzas at 425F in a preheated oven for 18-2o minutes.
- When the pizzas are done top with pepper flakes if using. Serve immediately.