Low Carb Keto Cream Cheese Pound CakeFebruary 4, 2019
Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yogurt BitesFebruary 5, 2019
A tantalizing Indian inspired comfort food. Red lentil soup is made with hints of curry, coconut milk, lemon juice and fresh cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (mild or hot to preference)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 (16 oz can) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Red Lentil dal (washed and rinsed thoroughly)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 and ½ cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Saute the onions and celery for 5 – 6 minutes stirring in between to stop from sticking or browning. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the turmeric, chili powder, curry powder, cumin, and tomatoes and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring in between.
- Transfer mixture to a crockpot (slow cooker) and add the lentils and broth. Cook on high for 3 and a 1/2 hours or on low for 6 and 1/2 hours. 20 minutes before the time is up add the coconut milk, lemon juice, and cilantro. Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture is you prefer a smooth texture. Leave as is for a chunkier texture. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve with blue corn tortilla chips or basmati rice.