Healthy No Bake Snack BarsFebruary 11, 2019
Oven Roasted Potatoes and VegetablesFebruary 11, 2019
Kids of all ages will gobble up their veggies when topped with a citrus-pepper butter.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped serrano or jalapeño chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups cut-up fresh vegetables, such as broccoli florets, cauliflower florets and/or sliced carrots
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add garlic; cook and stir about 20 seconds. Add lime peel, chile, salt and lime juice; mix well. Set aside.
- In 4-quart saucepan, place steamer basket. Add 1 cup water; heat to boiling.
- Add cut-up vegetables to basket; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- To serve, place vegetables in serving bowl. Add butter mixture; toss gently to coat.