Low Carb Crispy Seasoned Jicama FriesFebruary 21, 2019
And the Oscar goes to….February 21, 2019
- 1/2 cup PLAIN mashed, cooked sweet potatoes (see note)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped, cooked turkey or chicken (see note)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, water, and egg, stirring until thoroughly incorporated. Add chicken and flour and stir again until combined. Batter will be very thick and sticky.
- To make rectangular biscuits (see notes below on how to make round “drop” biscuits), use a rubber spreader to spread the dough evenly onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to form a rectangle (approximately 10″ x 14″) at about 1/2″ thickness.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to score the dough into rectangles of whatever size you’d like. (When I make these as shown in my photos, I score 8 rows x 12 rows to equal 96 treats.)
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the dog treats are lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely and then break along the score lines or use a knife/pizza cutter to cut along the score lines.
- Store in the refrigerator or (for longer storage) in zippered freezer bags in the freezer (thaw before serving).