Lemon & Ginger No-Bake Family CheesecakeDecember 17, 2019
Low Carb Peanut Butter PieDecember 19, 2019
Whole wheat spinach cheddar scones are fluffy, tender and easy to make – perfect for breakfast or brunch!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use skim)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and stir to mix well.
- Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two knives, until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Add cheese, spinach, onion and milk and stir until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured service and use your hands to shape it into a large round disk, about 1 inch thick and 8 inches in diameter.
- Cut into 8 even triangles and arrange on the baking sheet, leaving some room between each scone.
- Brush the tops of each scone with the melted butter. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Bake at 425 for 14-16 minutes, until scones are cooked through and tops are a light golden brown.