The Best Keto Breakfast In Only 5 StepsMarch 6, 2019
Easy Roasted Mushrooms with Rosemary & GarlicMarch 8, 2019
When your summer garden or famers’ market gives you zucchini, make zucchini bread! Better yet, make my 4-ingredient zucchini flatbreads, which cook on the stovetop and take minutes to prepare. They are naturally grain-free, vegan, gluten-free, and versatile (e.g., keep them plain or add herbs and spices).
- 2 small-medium zucchini (12 ounces)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil (or the oil of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 3 to 5 tablespoons water, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Trim the ends off of the zucchini, and then grate, using the large holes on a grater. Immediately transfer to a large bowl (so as not to lose any of the water from the zucchini). You should have about 3 cups of zucchini.
- Add the olive oil and salt to the zucchini, stirring to combine. Add the chickpea flour and 3 tablespoons of the water, stirring until blended. Add a little bit or all of the remaining water until mixture is a thick batter. Stir in the baking soda.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease or spray (with nonstick cooking spray) the skillet.
- Add about ⅓ cup of batter to the center of the pan, and, working quickly, use the back of a metal spoon to spread the batter into a 6- to 7-inch circle. Turn up the heat to medium high and cook about 2 to 3 minutes. until a metal spatula slides under the flatbread easily (bottom side should be browned in spots).Flip over and cook to 2 minutes longer until browned on other side.
- Turn flatbread out onto a cooling rack and reduce heat to medium. Repeat with remaining batter,